[DL] Discussion on RVC2, and Spoilers

This is not a review, really, just my views.

and there are spoilers

OK, I have picked up RVC2, and really like it.  I like the assemblage of
monsters, and it was good to see some of my old friends back, like Bloats
and Feral Dead, and the new friends they brought along like Desiccated
Dead.  (yea I like Zombies)

The variety of Vampires was nice to. Noticed a lack of the Baoban Sith from
ToT: 1877 tho...would have been nice to have some expanded info on that
variety, and just how infectious they are.  Also, just what the souce of
Pannaggalin is that is so rare was unlisted unless I missed it.

The Ghosts were a good section.  I tend to use the olde Ravenloft Van
Richten book (with 1-5 magnitude ghosts) with my game, and this section
expanded further without just parroting the excellent section in Back
East:The South

I liked the "Urban legends" horrors alot.  Reminds me of when I stated
Rawhead and Bloody Bones for my own game.

I liked the Legionaries, though I thought that Stating so many individual
Hangin' Judges was a bit much.  I will probably continue using the old
type.  I mean, you could have used that space for the Cackler! ;-)  Let may
say I REALLY liked Springheel Jack!  I may, however, have him occasionally
lapse back to his old tricks.  I might just be too interesting to pass up.
(OK, he jumped you and then did...what?!? and just left you?)

Let me say that Dr. Jenson's missive may be one of the most chilling things
I have read in a Deadlands book yet, especially the last paragraph.  Very,
very good work! (Reminds me of the feeling I get from Lamboch's letter in
Libellus Sanguinus I from WW, which is a compliment from me!)

I did like the systems for Vampires and Lycanthropes.  My one complaint, I
guess, would be basic survival is too hard for Vampires.  For Werewolves
and Anti-Templars (in HoE), the other folks who have to deal with
Corruption traits, have to do so only when calling upon their power too
much.  Vampires must gain Corruption virtually to survive, and I thought it
was just a bit much.  I approve of the thought behind it, but it might make
them walk too close a line.

Overall, I liked the book.  I expected to, what with John Goff writing it,
but it is still nice to have these things confirmed for me.

Jason,
Da Baron Samedi