Re: [DL] Western medicine

> The questions are these:  how many wound levels can the surgeon
> fix?  Is it one, flat out?  Or one for each success and raise?
> Or one per attempt?

One, flat out. Raises on the surgery rolls may give bonuses, either a +1 per
raise to the next healing roll, or speed up healing by one day per raise.
Surgery is not a miracle.

A surgeon may try to heal each separate location, with a separate roll for each.
I do not recommand healing separate wounds on the same location for two reasons.
First, you don't usually keep track of separate wounds, just the total. Second,
four light wounds to the arm make a very badly hit arm. It is mashed, and it
will be difficult -and long- to fix it.

> Once the surgeon has healed a guy up from Critical to Serious,
> can he try again to get from Serious to Heavy, and so on?

No. Else, after 4 operations, a critically wounded guy will be back on his feet.
It is not reallistic at all.

> If a limb is Maimed, can the surgeon fix it, or can he only cut
> it off cleanly and bandage?

The rules say you can't heal the limb. Cutting it cleanly may reduce the wound
to critical (as the character will have to recover), but then, you have a limb
missing.

(minor Harrowed Spoilers)

A solution my harrowed doctor character found was to give some of his blood as a
"medication", effectively giving the regeneration power to the wounded. Then,
the arm might recover, and a lot faster than what traditional surgery could
do...

(end)

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name