Re: [DL] Western medicine

>The questions are these:  how many wound levels can the surgeon fix?  Is it
>one, flat out?  Or one for each success and raise?  Or one per attempt?

One - flat out.

>Once the surgeon has healed a guy up from Critical to Serious, can he try
>again to get from Serious to Heavy, and so on?

No.  He can try again if he has failed - as long as he is within the Golden
Hour.

>If a limb is Maimed, can the surgeon fix it, or can he only cut it off
>cleanly and bandage?

He can try to heal it.  The TN 13 reflects the difficulty.

>I've read the sections on healin' repeatedly, but I can't seem to get these
>answers from the text.  I recall one book had surgery times by wound level.
>(Law Dogs?)  That book might have some of what I want to know, but I'm away
>from it right now and don't want to have to bring this subject up twice.
>I've also checked the Accumulated Rulings with no success.

Well - you have to roll a different Medicine roll for each location you
want to attempt to patch up.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Why did the chicken cross the road?

JFK:
The chicken chose to cross the road in this decade not because it was easy,
but because it was hard.