[DL] A new hex for your review...

I just made a nex hex, and I was hoping you fine
gentlemen would critique it for me.  Is it too
powerful?  Too dangerous?  Does it just suck?  Please
tell me, I'm so desperately insecure!

The Devil's Advocate
Trait: Knowledge
Hand: Pair
Speed: 1 hour
Duration: 1 day/ Hexslingin' level
Range: Self
A powerful and dangerous hex, The Devil's Advocate
traps a manitou within a huckster, temporarily making
him into one of the harrowed.
Casting the hex is simple-just choose the powers you
want, use the chart to find a manitou that can handle
that amount, and cast the hex like normal. As long as
you pull a pair, the hex succeeds, and the huckster
gets his manitou. (If you don't want any special
powers beyond the basic harrowed abilities, simply
take the smallest one on the chart.)
Unfortunately, while it's one thing to find a manitou,
it's another to control it. You see, one of the only
ways you can kill a manitou is to kill it when it's in
a harrowed, so they're not too crazy about being
forced into the job. The little buggers fight to get
out at every opportunity, and the bad news is the
huckster can't just let the thing go. They're stuck
together until the hex ends or the manitou digs it's
way out.
The struggle between the huckster and the manitou is
represented by a reliability roll, that is rolled
whenever the huckster uses a harrowed power or gets
injured. The base reliability is 16, but this
fluctuated depending on how well the huckster drew.
Compare the number of powers the huckster took to the
max power level his hand allows. Add one to the
reliability of each point he's under (to a max of 19),
and subtract three per point if he's over. Whenever
the huckster fails the reliability roll, he must make
an opposed Spirit test against the manitou. Failing
this means the manitou leaves, and deals the
difference in damage to the huckster's guts.
Ignoring the possibility of a manitou uprising, there
are several other dangers to this hex that make most
huckster think long and hard before using it. For one,
the huckster picks up some harrowed hindrances along
with the cool powers. (The hindrances gained are based
on the Manitou's Spirit.) Another problem is that if
the Manitou is Exorcised, there is a 50/50 chance that
the huckster spirit will pass on too. Finally, if the
huckster suffers backlash, he loses control of the
manitou, which takes charge until the hex ends.

Hand/Manitou's Spirit/Max Power Levels/Harrowed
Hindrances

Pair/           3d6/    0/ None
Jacks/          4d6/    1/ None
Two Pair/       3d8/    2/ Aura O' Death 1
3 of a Kind/    4d8/    3/ Aura 2
Straight/       3d10/   4/ Aura 3
Flush/          4d10/   5/ Aura 4, Mark O' the Devil 1
Full House/     3d12/   6/ Aura 5, Mark 2
4 of a Kind/    4d12/   7/ Aura 5, Mark 3
Straight Flush/ 3d12+2/ 8/ Aura 5, Mark 4
Royal Flush/    4d12+2/ 9/ Aura 5, Mark 5

=====
"I was a warped little boy.  Now I'm out to warp the youth of America."- Weird Al Yankovic
Remember, conformity is the mother of obscurity;
be true to yourself in everything you do.
Happy Roleplaying,
-The Smiling Bandit <Strikes Again!/Ha-Ha-Ha>