Re: [DL] huckster problem

In a message dated 3/29/00 5:45:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
talespinner@mindspring.com writes:

<< > << For those of you in my group this is spoiler space!

 >  You still readin this ryan?
 >

 >  I now have three, count em, three hucksters in my possse.  Two
 hexslingers
 >  and one regular one.  They all (thanks to my stupid meddleing) have
 arcane
 >  prodigy.

 SNIP!!!

 > 3.) do they belong to one of the "Huckster Societies" in H&H? If so, the
 > other society  might come calling on them- or, if they belong to the
 "Royal
 > Court"(the riverboat one), I think it was, just promote them to higher
 ranks
 > within the Court, until they are considered evil, and take away their
 > characters- and if the players ever do it again, have their old character
 pay
 > them a visit.

 So, for non-evil actions, you would consider them 'evil'?  What is evil
 about them learning more about their art of Hexslinging?  Sure, they deal
 with Manitous, but you are the one that let them learn so quickly.  If you
 use the
 Royal Court to get them, of their own volition, to do things, that is
 different.  Then they have chosen evil, and that seems to be the big thing
 in Deadlands; the choice.  Promoting them until you consider them evil
 without cause is
 like assuming all people that are Olympic calibre atheletes or PhDs are
 evil; they are good at what they do, and well educated.

 Caias

Please, don't misunderstand me- that was a rough Idea, and I didn't go very
far into to detail- but I think I will now. Let's say that the huckster get
promoted within the court, until they're at the King-Queen(at least I think
that's how it works) level- at which point the "Joker" takes them aside and
teaches them a few "Special" hexes, whose TN's only 3(while really, they're
being taught black magic spells). Have the court send 'em out on a few
missions, and give 'em a few hints that there "special" hexes are evil, while
"Joker" tells them otherwise; then, they either choose, "Hey, these new hexes
are cool, so we'll stay with the court", or "I think these new hexes are too
evil, so let's leave the court". If they stay, then they soon become aces,
and kinda have to be evil(at least, that's the way I interpert it), and will
have chosen so in staying. should they leave, wish 'em good luck when
(probably) all four aces come after 'em. It least that's one way it could
happen.