[DL] Need a mysterious past

Hey there,
     I need a mysterious past for one of my players - a Nor' Lins riverboat
gambler/huckster - who has been backlash boy since the game started.  I've
been ignoring his MP since the game started, but want to figure it out now.

     I use a tarot deck for mysterious past pulls, and for this character
he came up 3 Coins - reversed (he drew the black joker, so the pull is
always reversed).  Get this - the definition for the deck on 3
Coins-Reversed is:  Lack of Skill, Unsafe Business, Sloppiness, Mediocrity,
Money Problems.

What a pull for a gambling huckster.  Especially a backlash boy.  It's
almost a self-fullfilling prophesy.  (There may be something to this tarot
thing after all.  :-)

  My problem is that the easiest route - that his training/blood/ability is
flawed somehow and all of his hexslinging is penalized is just too harsh
and I don't want to hammer down his primary ability - it's not like he took
Veteran of the Weird West - this was a random draw.

-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Everybody dies.  Whether you die on your feet or on your knees, is entirely
up to you.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

L. Ron Hubbard.
Eons ago, evil aliens coded it's genetic structure to do so.  To rid
yourself of these engrams will require a trip aboard our luxury
yacht/religious retreat - for the nominal fee of $40,000 cash or credit.
Checks not accepted.