[DL] Need ideas for a new campaign

Howdy folks,

It has been awhile now since i ran Deadlands, but finally I feel that the time has come to start again. And I need your assistance.

My new campaign is going to be a sequel to the first one, as at least two players have old characters that they want to play. Now, my first campaign where somewhat linear, the posse traveled from place to place due to various reasons I gave them, and solved various problems that they encountered, mainly in the form of published scenarios. I think this became a little tideous on the players in the end, as they rather wanted more personal, largescale plots.

The first campaign ended in Lost Angels, with their gunslinger and martial artist dead, both killed in battle with the King of the Horizon. The blessed of the group was going into NPC-status, as the player felt that he was too powerful (he really was). The blessed has a sign from God that he is to stay in Lost Angels and fight evil, and right after that he got an offer to work for Grimme (the posse never knew that Grimme was evil, they actually worked with him on several occations). He accepts.

Later on, the MA digs himself out of his grave, becoming the group's first harrowed. At the same time, a couple of private investigators manage to find the group. These two, whom I had stalking the posse for a long, long time, only want to inform the group's kid gunslinger that he had inherited a house in Denver.

The harrowed MA cathes up with the group, and a brief conflict errupts. It ends with the undercover pinkerton in the group gunning down the MA from behind, putting several gatlingrounds into the MA's brains. The pinkerton and the kid travels to Denver, while the huckster starts plotting against the pinkerton, as she feels that him killing the MA, a trusted friend, was unjust. She also feels that the kid might be in danger.

Here's where you guys come in. The huckster is a female character, but has a male player, and both me and the player want to change this, so he is going to play his old charater's twin brother, this way I can update the character to the new hexslinging rules as well. As the new campaign start, the huckster seek out the pinkerton and the kid in Denver, trying to find out what happened to his sister. She has just sent a letter, asking to meet her brother somewhere, but now seems to have disappeared without a clue.

I have some ideas of my own, but please, give me your worst. I want the posse to be in for hell this time.

Marshal Ole I. Stene