Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000416

At 01:21 PM 4/17/00, you wrote:
>Howdy y'all. I'm back with yet another odd character 'conversion' question.
>
>  Now, to begin with, I'm right in saying that the way Tempests work are
> never
>really explained beyond their mechanics (ie where they get their power and
>how is never really adressed) right?
>
>  Well, I've got a player who wants play a character who starts as a tempest
>and then eventually becomes a huxter. What say y'all? Impossible? Possible?
>Would he keep the tempest ability? Anyone have any insights as to how they
>think the tempest power 'really' works? Any insight would be helpful.

Spoiler....

They do.  Tempests are proto-Sykers.  They are the "random psychic power"
equivalent of Greenies in HoE.  In my game, in fact, I only use them as
Sykers (1 Blastin', no ability like Greenies/overkill/fortitude, and and
only able to buy "specialty" powers with very, very little chance of ever
being taught more. oh, and a 5 point AB)

Now, If he wanted to become a Huckster, I'd let him, but he would have to
go through what every other Huckster has to without a break.  His powers,
while Huckster-like, are different, but I'd guess that, like a Greenie, it
would not stop him from buying an AB.