Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000416

> Well, I've got a player who wants play a character who starts as a tempest
>and then eventually becomes a huxter. What say y'all? Impossible? Possible?
>Would he keep the tempest ability? Anyone have any insights as to how they
>think the tempest power 'really' works? Any insight would be helpful.

Certainly possible.

I would let the soon-to-be huckster slowly buy the Hexslinging attribute,
and slowly buy the Arcane Background: Huckster edge.

Hmm.. because he spend five character points on Tempest - I would let him
buy the Arcane Background for half cost - 4.5 bounty points, well - 5
points.  Remember, that at the fastest, a character can only apply one
point a week into an edge.

He still ends up losing out on points - so let his first hex be for free -
and that is his tempest ability.  But he should always be more powerful
with that - I would let him draw two extra cards when casting the hex - but
these two cards can not cause Backlash.  Just discard the black joker if it
comes up in those two cards.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Everybody dies.  Whether you die on your feet or on your knees, is entirely
up to you.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Ben Stone (Law and Order):
Because the defendant made it, sir.