Re: : [DL]pardners hex

On Sun, 23 April 2000, Deadlander@aol.com wrote:

>so the player drew the black joker. according to mr >blacks new table he got possed by a manitou and it >managed to get total dominion.(poor huckster).

If you like his entry, please consider the table developed by me, Brian Leybourne, and Max Trebilcock.  It can be found at Max's site:

http://freespace.virgin.net/max.trebilcock/dead

>my question is do they take the same backlash or pull >a different one each?  as they both take it i would >assume that they get the same but im open to
>other opinions.

Here's my thinking on the subject.  They were trucking with a mighty nasty manitou.  Lets say it has a spirit of 8d12+10.  One that is very powerful (read as high spirit.)

The demon is, in effect, in possession of two characters.  It can dance between the two depending on who can cause the most havok at any given time.  Or it can divide its spirit up between the two in an effort to control both at the same time.  (ie 4d12 to the huxter, and the leftover 4d10 to the other character.)  Mor kicks and giggles say that it can't ever completely leave one of the characters without loosing its foothold on that fella.  (ie it must leave 1d4 in a character.)

Better still, if it finds itself in an untenable position, (ie one character's head is about to get his / her head blown off.)  it can retreat wholely into one character.  It takes one action for every spirit die to dive from one character to the next (ie draw cards for the manatou, and have it spend the cards as needed.)  Whatever spirit it left in the headless character is lost.

So - from a player standpoint.  The two playes should share the same nightmare.  It should involve the two of them being fused somehow.   They should continue to have the same dreams.  Hey should share the same thoughts.  Skills can drift across between the characters.  If you are especially cruel, you can average out thier stats - (ie the huxkster had 2d12 Spirit, and the other character has 2d8.  Over time both thier spirit approaches 2d10.)

Give them a red chip if they start to say things at the same time time, or have the same ideas - they will be roleplaying thier hinderance.

Jeff "Have fun" Tolle

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go