Re: : [DL]pardners hex

At 4/23/00 10:06 AM +0000, you wrote:
>one of my players and a pinkerton used  the pardner hex and talisman hex to
>create a relic each, and one got backlash. according to the hex description
>they both take backlash so the player drew the black joker.
>according to mr blacks new table he got possed by a manitou and it managed
>get total dominion.(poor huckster).
>my question is do they take the same backlash or pull a different one each?
>as they both take it i would assume that they get the same but im open to
>other opinions.

That's a bit harsh for a backlash result. . .

I would say that they both share the same result. . . but the manitou has
possessed both of 'em, and it's dominion is split between the two. . .

If that doesn't make a lot of sense - good.  It's not really supposed to.
Usually the huckster and the pinkerton are in control of their own bodies.
. . and sometimes the manitou has possession of one or the other of them,
and sometimes the huckster is in the pinkerton's body, and sometimes the
pinkerton is in the huckster's body, and sometimes the manitou is in
possession of both of 'em at the same time.

If this takes too long to correct - well, the next time the huckster
backlashes - don't roll, throw another personality into the mix so that
there are three of them.

And then - just the next time the huckster tosses ANY hex, backlash or not,
throw in a fourth.  :-)

And with no reason after that, throw in a fifth.  Then two more at once. . .

This is what the manitou wants.  The horror of having your own body and
mind violated is one of the most basic and fundamental terrors.  Unchecked
- this madness will engulf the whole town, necessitating the intervention
of a Pinkerton "Cleaning Crew."
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Everybody dies.  Whether you die on your feet or on your knees, is entirely
up to you.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Any Late Evening News Anchor:
The chicken crosses the road. Film at 11:00.