Re: [DL] A quick question

> Yeah, I was thinking about that last problem, but I'm pretty sure none of
> 'em have actually seen Seven (*gasp*). Even so, they all know about some
of
> the infamous scenes etc... So, maybe the first couple could be as per
movie,
> but then the others are like the commandments etc... ("And now for
something
> completely different..."). My only trouble would be trying to be as
original
> and gruesome as the movie with my new sins or commandments or whatever. As
> for setting, I was thinking maybe in New York or something, or some big
> city, which would make for slightly different adventurin' than your
average
> homestead bash-up.

I would highly suggest reading the book "The Alienist" by Caleb Carr (and
the sequel "Angel of Darkness"). The story of a hunt for a rather nasty
serial killer (fictional) in 1896 in New York City. Really gives you a good
feeling for what the major cities in this time period were like. I've
planned on running an adventure based on this book for a while, but I just
can't convince my pose to head back east... They all want to head for the
Maze... Of course there's always the City of Lost Angels... :)

Because I know someone will ask for it...
    The Alienist by Caleb Car                        ISBN 0-553-57299-7
    The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr    ISBN 0-345-42763-7

Eric