[DL] Re: A quick Question

would recommend These tidbits:
--Be flexible, as the posse will do stuff you never dreamed of in your
wildest imagination (example:  Using a sykers TK to hold a Ghost rock
incinderiary device to the bad guy's chest.  Nasty.)
--Try to be flexible, as in don't pigeon hole them to one course of action
(Be free!!)
--Cheat, not out of sense of meta gaming, but to enhance the story line (Bad
dice rolling but good roleplaying, they live with four out of five
appendages intact; they get stupid, slaughter them with the Night Train).

For one of your adventures, you said you wanted to use a seriel killer so
I'm going to add my $.02 killer to the fold.

Spoiler Space for my posse member Gregg

This is for the Modern day Deadlands adventure I run, specifically this is
going to be my central idea for a Texas Ranger campaign. Here goes;
The killer is a former Confederate Intellegence Agency operative named
Ronald with a jones on for the people involved in his last mission.  See, on
his last mission, he was hired to kill a Lat Am diplomat and increase
tensions in the Lat Am alliance.  However he was caught and had his left
knee shattered beyond repair.  After escaping and making his way back to
civilization, he found out that the CIA had disavowed him (to hide their own
plans) and believed him dead.  So the ex-operative took it upon himself to
gain revenge on the CIA.  He contacted a mad scientist with a bend towards
gene splicing and gathered skinwalker specimens.
The mad scientist merged the specimen samples with the operative's own genes
to create a unique killer.

His abilities:  The killer gains the aptitudes and edges of those he kills,
even if he never knew how to do those things before if he eats their adrenal
glands.  He gains the victims arcane backgrounds but unless he follows the
tenets of the background, he will not be able to use them (I.i. sinnin,
following the Old Ways, etc.)  I did this so that the killer increases
difficulty with time as i have power players in my group, this seemed
appropriate.  He can also shapechange into the appearance of those he has
killed, requiring 5 minutes, taking on their likeness and mannerisms while
retaining his own mass.

His weaknesses:  He requires human adrenal glands every 10 days to survive.
His body is currently running on adrenaline, and he requires 9 hours of
interrupted sleep per day, although he can wake up earlier if necessary.
He is also having an identity crisis as he ingests more people, the other
personalities are slowing leeching into his own, giving him a steadily
increasing Loco hindrance.

It's just a concept I'm working on, so tell me if you like it and go ahead
an use it if you like.