Re: [DL] rules for chloroform? suffocation?

>Which brings me to my question -- are there any rules for things like
>chloroform or suffocation?  As far as suffocation goes, I'm envisioning one
>bad guy holding the PC down while a second one attempts to smother him with
>a pillow.  I guess that contested strength rolls would be involved, but I
>want to account for the difficulty of getting out from under two people.
>Any suggestions?  I suppose the hangin' rules cover the actual suffocation
>part well enough ...

Yup.

>Of course, if they can just dose him with chloroform, they would avoid all
>that inconvenient struggling.  ;)  Any rules for knockout drugs?

Well -there's the knockout gas rules from Smith and Robard.  I can't think
of 'em right now, but for cholorform I would probably throw in a mix of a
surprise melee attack, where if the target is surprised then they take 3d6
wind loss from the deep inhale of chloroform.  Then a melee struggle with a
combination of automatic wind loss and suffocation rules.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Everybody dies.  Whether you die on your feet or on your knees, is entirely
up to you.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Any Late Evening News Anchor:
The chicken crosses the road. Film at 11:00.