[DL] Wow moment and amusing moment from last night's game.

Hi all.

Real life has led to a serious reduction in available roleplaying time
recently, but we did manage to play last night. Here are a "wow!" moment,
and an amusing moment from the game...

Extremely minor Canyon o' Doom spoilers I guess...

The 'wow' moment is in respect to the most damage I have ever seen a spell
do. The posse were fighting their way through the caves down to the House of
the Old One, and had managed to attract some unwanted attention from the
ghouls. The huckster cast Black Lightning, and got a Straight Flush. He has
5 hexslingin', so rolled 5d6 for the charges - end result? 24 D20 lightning
charges.

On the very next action card, a ghoul jumped on him, determined to get a
bite in. This of course discharged the entire spell into the poor
unfortunate, and although the result was pretty much a guaranteed death for
the ghoul, I had the player roll 24D20 anyway just to see what it would come
up as. The average would of course be around 252 (24 * 10.5). End result?
297 points of damage to the poor ghoul, or nearly enough to kill him ten
times over. He vaporised so fast I ruled the other ghouls and characters
thought he had turned invisible or teleported away or something like that -
they had no idea he had died because it was so fast and there were no
remains. I challenge anyone to beat that damage roll :-)

The 'piss-self' amusing part came when the posse had arrived in the Morlock
village in the Fungus Forest. The Morlocks are, as you know, a type of
living fungus and they had befriended the posse and were currently helping
them relax, giving them healing fungus and so on. The same huckster tried to
cast a "Sense Hex" spell on an interesting rock they had found beside the
huge lake in the middle of the forest (it was just a rock), and got
backlash. He pulled a card on the new backlash table and the result was...

.. All plantlife in a 30yard radius withers and dies...

... which not only includes a 60 yard (180 foot) circular area of the fungal
forest, but the entire tribe of Morlocks, who are nothing but living fungi
themselves. The village ceases to exist.

Oops! :-)

Brian "Loves this game" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals
out there. Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on
fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.