Re: [DL] Hey Allan a dice odds question for you

At 06:26 PM 5/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>ahhhh, but the odd do change for the higher target numbers, like... for
>instance, to roll a 15 on 4d12 you need to get an ace and then at least
>three, where as with 4d12+4 you only need to roll an 11, and that really
>messes with the odds due to mutual exclusion and certain things having
>to happen in order to have it happen.  In short, Aces really mess with
>probability a lot.

So the odds of rolling a 15 on 4d12+4 are the same as rolling an 11 on a
4d12.
-------------------
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

My freshly made cross, my freshly dug grave,
I'm still a man but no longer a slave.
     Scarf Jones, The Railway of Death.  (Burma-Thailand railroad, WWII)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Orwell:
Because Big Brother was watching to make sure that it did cross the road,
although in its heart, the chicken never did.