Re: [DL] Wow moment and amusing moment from last night's game.

> Extremely minor Canyon o' Doom spoilers I guess...
>

> The 'wow' moment is in respect to the most damage I have ever seen a spell
> do. The posse were fighting their way through the caves down to the House
of
> the Old One, and had managed to attract some unwanted attention from the
> ghouls. The huckster cast Black Lightning, and got a Straight Flush. He
has
> 5 hexslingin', so rolled 5d6 for the charges - end result? 24 D20
lightning
> charges.
>
> On the very next action card, a ghoul jumped on him, determined to get a
> bite in. This of course discharged the entire spell into the poor
> unfortunate, and although the result was pretty much a guaranteed death
for
> the ghoul, I had the player roll 24D20 anyway just to see what it would
come
> up as. The average would of course be around 252 (24 * 10.5). End result?
> 297 points of damage to the poor ghoul, or nearly enough to kill him ten
> times over. He vaporised so fast I ruled the other ghouls and characters
> thought he had turned invisible or teleported away or something like
that -
> they had no idea he had died because it was so fast and there were no
> remains. I challenge anyone to beat that damage roll :-)
>
> The 'piss-self' amusing part came when the posse had arrived in the
Morlock
> village in the Fungus Forest. The Morlocks are, as you know, a type of
> living fungus and they had befriended the posse and were currently helping
> them relax, giving them healing fungus and so on. The same huckster tried
> cast a "Sense Hex" spell on an interesting rock they had found beside the
> huge lake in the middle of the forest (it was just a rock), and got
> backlash. He pulled a card on the new backlash table and the result was...
>
> .. All plantlife in a 30yard radius withers and dies...
>
> ... which not only includes a 60 yard (180 foot) circular area of the
fungal
> forest, but the entire tribe of Morlocks, who are nothing but living fungi
> themselves. The village ceases to exist.

Technically, fungus isn't plant life in the strictest sense of the term.
They should have survived, but hey, if it works for you, go for it!

Nick "learned SOMETHINGin Botany class" Zachariasen

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson