[DL] New Hex -Opinions? Goff?

Here is a hex a member of my posse (who doesn't have access to this list
serv any longer) wanted me to post so the community could offer up some
input, what do you all think?

***************************************
Doc Johnson's Guide to Cards

Cardsharp

Trait: Spirit
Hand: Ace
Duration: 1 round/hex level
Range: 1 deck of cards

When this hex is cast the huckster causes a deck of playing cards to turn
into razor sharp throwing weapons.  The huckster must have at least 1 point
in throwin' unbalanced  in order to use this hex. The damage for each card
is 1d6. In addition each card is AP: 1 . The hand that is drawn determines
the number of cards effected by this hex as follows:

Hand                     #of cards created

Ace                               1
 Pair                              2
Two Pair                        3
Three of a Kind               4
Straight                         5

I like this hex, I think it shows ingenuity and I also like how it is set
up.  It isn't overly powerful (the average hand will be doing only 2d6
damage, perhaps 3d6, which is just pistol damage) but it can have AP so it
may well prove useful in certain circumstances.  Also, it will be nice to
see an un-armed Huckster do something besides Soul Blast.  :)