Re: [DL] PEG convention schedule [OT]

John Goff wrote:
> > Can someone from PEG post a convention schedule?  I assume PEG will be
> > at Origins and GenCon, but what about Dragon*Con?
>
> Officially, just GenCon and Origins. If I'm not mistaken, DragonCon
> is the same time as Origins this year (again). Even if it weren't,
> big shows cost big bucks and we've got to spend it where we get the
> best results.  DragonCon, while a lot of fun, isn't as dedicated to
> the gaming community as those other two. :-/

Having done it myself, I can completely relate to the time and money
expenditure necessary for a convention presence.  As much as fans want
a company to attend PodunkCon or PiddlyCon, it's just not practical
business.  I only mentioned Dragon*Con since it has an attendance of
~20k people, putting it in the top 3 attended conventions.  Granted,
it's not as gaming oriented as GenCon or Origins, but it has improved
in recent years.

IIRC, Origins is July 13-16 and Dragon*Con is June 29-July 3.

- Chris