Re: [DL] PEG convention schedule [OT]

> You guys leave early considering Origins doesn't start until the 13th -
> and Columbus is only about 8 hours from Richmond...:-)
>
> SeanMike
> devil's advocate

Okay, so I've not updated my calender. If you won't take an easy answer...

The truth is the con's cost BIG money for a company like us to attend.
Origins and Gencon alone cost us nearly the same amount as my annual salary.
We did do all three a couple of years ago, and honestly, probably lost some
bucks on the DragonCon gig.
Second, they take a fair amount of time for a company to prepare for. It's
not too tough for me as an attendee (or even part-time worker) to pack my
bags, saddle up, and take off for a con. Getting all the gear together,
coordinating both travel, outlining office procedures while all of us are
away except perhaps one unlucky stay-behind, working out details of
shipments from the warehouse to and from the con, and completing projects
before departing eats a fair chunk of time.
Three cons over the course of 6 weeks really isn't feasible for us--even if
it only takes me 8 hours to drive from Richmond to Atlanta or Columbus.

By the way, I don't remember putting you on retainer, SeanMike. ;-)

John Goff