Re: [DL] Marshal Requires Help With Game

Not for the eyes of my posse.

SPOILER

>In the game I'm starting to run, there's  a chance that the PC's could find
>themselves crucified by some Mexican bandits before an ancient Aztec
>Shrine. Now, can anybody suggest how much damage they would take >and how
long (approx) they'd take to die? (If it happens they'll >automatically come
back harrowed with the manitou in control)

Here's the big thing.  Being crucified is a really nasty buisness.  First
off I would give some nasty but not maiming wounds to each arm and leg.
This should add some penalties to any rolls needed to break free from the
crosses.  Raise or lower your wound levels to match the level of diffaculty
you want it to be.  Second you can't move your arms and legs so just about
anything that you could do to get down is pretty limited.  Third the
position you hang in on the cross cuts off your air supply unless you use
the strength of your arms to keep yourself upright.  That means if you lapse
you start to suffocate.  You jerk upright for a little while then the
process repeats until you don't have the strength to pull up and you
suffocate totally.  So I would use the hanging rules for most of it.  But
every time they fail a vigor roll let them make a strength roll to stand up
if they make it they still lose say 3 wind that can't be recovered until
they get down.  Second for every hour they stay on the cross increse the
strength TN that they need to meet because their strength is waneing or
reduce their die type.  If you want them to break free from the
nails/ropes/whatever that you have hung them up with make sure you use some
serious strength rolls to do it along with the coriponding ammounts of pain
and permenant damage that occurs when you rip nails out of your hands.

And always remember that wound modifiers and the best limiting factor to
recovery.

Ronald "I know it's sadistic but I want to do it ANYWAY!" Conner