Re: [DL] Mad Scientists

> The neatest one I thought up, but never built, was a flash-gun that used
> photographic flash powder in a closed tube. When ignited, the light from
the
> flash was bounced between mirrors in the tube and focused  through a
convex
> lens many times over as it bounced. When the trigger was pulled, the
mirror
> on one end is lifted and an intense beam of light shoots out, something
like
> a primitive laser.

Woah, that is so strange. Just the last couple of days I've been mentally
designing such a device. Great minds think alike eh ;)? Mine was a small
metal cylinder which burnt chunks of ghost rock at one end, bounced the
light off a series of mirrors, then shot it through a red lense at the other
end, creating a crude red dot laser sight. Freaky. I was thinking it added
+4 per action when drawing a bead, rather than +2, but a catastrophic
malfunction would probably cause it to blow up right when your eye is
pressed against it. Ouch.

> > And can I please have an answer to my gatling-pistol/burst question?
> >

> Sorry, could you repost--I must have missed it. :-/
>
> John

Basically, I want to know how many bursts an automatic weapon can fire per
action. I assume gatling guns and pistols can only fire once per action,
(since they have a RoF of only 3), but if that's the case it makes the
recoil rules for gatling guns redundant. My other theory was that they can
fire as many bursts as they want, but any more than 3 or so, and the recoil
would be so great they'd never hit. But then I realised gatling weapons on
tripods, (with a recoil of 0), could fire an infinite number of times,
making them Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Yeah, so, thanks.

Tim