Re: [DL] Fun With Hindrances

> >ENEMY - How should i reward my posse with fate chips over this one? If it
> >was every time
> >the enemy showed up and made life difficult, it just wouldn't feel like
> >the player was earning
> >these chips with her roleplaying skills.

Suggest they watch a good Clint western, like Fist Full o' Dollars or
Unforgiven for pointers. Another good source is Willis' remake of FFoD (or
Yojimbo, if you want to go further back), Last Man Standing. David Gemmell
(sp?) wrote a series called the Bloodstone Chronicles or something like it
with a hero named Jon Shannow who has to be the epitome of GSoDs.

Some folks just can't do a GSoD, just like some never pull off Impulsive,
Cautious, or Yeller. They may never earn chips for roleplaying. OTOH, they
still suffer the game effects--which (optionally) become pretty darn harsh
for GSoD (or at least the companions of one) as of the Agency book. :-)

John