Re: [DL] Fear levels/effects -- Mystic Levels

In a message dated 6/7/00 12:22:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
epweissengruber@hotmail.com writes:

<< This could be transmuted into DL quite easily.

 The town has a fear level of 1
 entering the abandoned Catholic mission without crossing yourself translates
 you into fear level 2, and suddenly everyone in the town is looking mean.
 Entering the graveyard takes you into fear level 4, and suddenly all sorts
 of little ghoulies and beasties are attacking you
 Entering the crypt without carrying a crucifix trasports you into a
 nightmare dimension of Fear Level 5 >>

    In my campaign, set in Perry, OK (Hell's Half Acre), I use something like
this.  The overall area is Fear Level 0 -- yup, it's one o' them normal
places you always hear about but never see. :)  Four places in town are Fear
Level 1 -- specific buildings or other sites which don't "feel right" for
some reason.  Sometimes inside those places, there are sub-areas at Fear
Level 2.

Steve Long