Re: [DL] Agency/Ghost Busters

> The adventure is cool.  However, I had one question...
>
> Why (out of curiosity) did you not get Rob Vaux to do it, since Doomtown
is
> a thing for him?

Rob's actually been away from Doomtown for some time. Another AEG employee,
Patrick Kapera (who's great, BTW), has taken over the reigns since--well,
heck--for this entire millenium. Seriously, though, by the time I took over
last year, Rob was handling other projects at AEG.

Patrick is also a great writer--but perhaps too good, 'cause AEG has him
working Doomtown, 7th Sea, and L5R. :-)

Besides while this adventure (and at least one of the others) features
Gomorra at least briefly, the actual meat takes place elsewhere.

Lucien, I've known for a couple of years and has done a good deal of work
for other companies. We had a chance to sit down and talk a couple of times
at GenCon, and I was pretty sure he "got" the setting as well as anyone I
could hope. Once I grabbed the reigns of power, he was the first guy I
called (brand managers have to build a stable of reliable freelancers to
call in emergencies <g>).

> One, one more question, I lie.  who is writing Dead Presidents and Rain o'
> Terror?

Rain o' Terror--another new-comer to Deadlands, Anthony Ragan. If you're
into Warhammer FRPG, he wrote Marienburg--an _excellent_ supplement--among a
number of other pieces. He's another writer I've had no small amount of
contact with and who's work I respect.

Dead Presidents--Christopher McGlothlin. He's had his eye on the target of
that adventure for some time, and I can't think of anyone better suited to
pull it off. :-)

> I assume you are doing Collegium (since you mentioned it) Great
> Weird North and Unholy Alliance or whatever it is.

Yes to all three. The Collegium is in development right now. I'll be turning
it over to the production guys by the end of the month (hopefully at the
same time I finish up Rain o' Terror), to get it to the printers ASAP. We're
gunning for a GenCon release on it--which, BTW, puts us back on schedule.
Woohoo!

John