Re: [DL] Spoiler convention?

Hey there,
         The Spoiler convention is simply a Spoiler tag in either the
subject line, or preceding the spoiler text.  If the spoiler tag is used in
the body of the email, please leave a small bit of white space before the
actual text.

For example:

SPOILERS below

Actual text goes here.

The cutesy method of putting a large section of white space, or using a
full page of ascii art, or putting one line on a page ala Spoiler below
<full page of white space>, Marshal's Only <another full page of white
space> Beat it you players <yet another page of white space> is NOT
convention.  It's just plain irritating.

Spoiler information is anything that was published in the Marshal Only
sections of the Pinnacle rulebooks, or anything at all that may ruin an
adventure (published or home made) for players.

And - one other convention that is on the listserv is that all posts should
be made in text, not html formatted.

Thanks.

At 06/20/00 10:23 AM -0700, you wrote:

>Greetings folks!  I'm new to the list and was curious if any sort of
>spoiler convention was in place.  As a player, I really don't want to come
>across something I shouldn't, and I'm sure some of the rest of us don't
>either.  Thanks for any answers.  If there isn't a convention in place,
>can I suggest that posts with Marshall-only info. have some sort of
>warning tag, either in the text or the subject line, to warn us off?  If a
>post has mixed info, maybe the section can be marked.  Thanks again!
>
>Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen
>

>Do You Yahoo!?
>Send instant messages with <http://im.yahoo.com/>Yahoo! Messenger.

Allan 'Deputy' Seyberth
moderator@darious.com

To subscribe to the Pinnacle listservs:
Send to:  esquire@gamerz.net
With the body of  any/all of the following:
subscribe deadlands
subscribe deadlands-ot
subscribe hoe
subscribe bnw
subscribe lc

To get the digest version of any list, just add -digest to the end of the
command above.  (For example:  subscribe hoe-digest)

To unsubscribe to any of the previous lists, just replace the command
"subscribe <list>" with the command "unsubscribe <list>".

Listserv instructions and biographies of several listserv members can be
found at:
    http://www.erols.com/aburner/deadlands/
DL, HoE and BNW archives can be found at:
    http://www.gamerz.net/archives/
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
    http://www.peginc.com
Alderac Entertainment Group
   http://www.alderac.com
Searchable DL and HoE archives can be found at
    http://www.deadlandsarchive.com
Accumulated Rulings on the Web
    http://www.sonic.net/~dkjedi/deadlands/
Accumulated Rulings in file format, and latest update on listserv status
    http://www.darious.com/deadlands/
Player/GM registry can be found at
    http://members.tripod.com/Powersthatbe_2/dead53.html
James Cook's Character generator software
   http://members.xoom.com/pegcgs/index.htm