Re: [DL] Disputed Lands and MiBs/Rangers (probably spoilers)

> > Would an Orphaned Head work, or should I make it more over the top?
<SNIP>
Can you recommend  something that might make people afraid quicker?
Basically, what I'm doing is setting it up so that the town's future hinges
on the posse's actions.  If things get any hairier, the town's going to just
give up its charter and split, with most of its population probably headed
to Rock Ridge (yes, THAT Rock Ridge).

>  How long's the town been at Fear Level 5? Basically, during the WW
> timeframe, a Deadland forming should be very rare, special event.
<SNIP>
> Hm. Unless you just _want_ a Deadland  there (in which case a town isn't
> going to survive more than a few days...), it sounds like they may have
> staved off the formation, even if they didn't repair any damage.

Well, it was about Fear Level 3 when they got there (I never did make a real
estimate), but after they killed the Horseman and the 'Glom, they
didn'tattempt any Tale Tellin' rolls.  Granted, none of my posse HAS Tele
Tellin', which is probably because they're largely unaware of what it's
really for, but I figure Fear is a thing they have to learn about.

> >  and they left for
> > Pickville as soon as they saw the new Epitaph with the article in it- or
> > would an undercover Agency operative perhaps be there already?
>
> Probably not unless word was already out. Given that I assume the fear
level
> was pretty high to start with, he may have been.
>
> > If so, what
> > would he do with the posse?  I haven't really had my posse get involved
in
> > any such entanglements yet, and I'm not sure how to manage it.
>
> Not necessarily anything at all. He might manipulate them to take out an
> abomination and then later discredit their claims by presenting "evidence"
> that it was a completely explainable event. ;-)

How would he explain 20 zombies bursting up out of the ground?  I can't
think of one for that.  I take it this would be something good to have The
Agency book for?

Nick Zachariasen