Re: [DL] Thoughts on Adventures

> It just makes me think about some of the old TSR supplements -- the
> campaign-world changers, like From the Ashes, The Immortal Storm, and
> Dragonlance Fifth Age.  Since all the products published after the
> campaign-changer just assumed you'd run them, those of us who chose not to
> participate in that particular adventure 'cos we liked the world as it was
> got left out.  It's not even a case of boycotting the company -- I
COULDN'T
> use anything published after Immortal Storm because those events didn't
> happen in my version of Mystara.

I have to agree to a degree.  Some people can't run published adventures,
and it's usually because the posse just isn't at a point where it would work
(f'rinstance, if you start your campaign in 1876, and your posse's still in
that year, it won't work for you), or people just don't like them, or they
can barely afford the supplements the way it is and would rather buy books
than adventures (right here, folks!).  The concept is cool, but they way
it's being implmented just doesn't seem to be quite balanced.  I think a
good way to do it would be to run adventures like this at cons, with major
events being decided at the big cons, and minor ones being decided at small
local cons like the one out here that Goff went to.  For instance, an
adventure determining the fate of Reverend Grimme should take place at
GenCon or Origins (probably Origins since that's where you won your award
for 1996), and an adventure determining the fate of someone like Alexander
Graves at a smaller con.  Of course, some people also can't make it to cons,
but I think that would be much more fair to us po' folk and those who don't
like running published adventures.

Nick "hmrph mph frmph" Zachariasen