Re: [DL] Thoughts on Adventures

As far as a concept I like it. (I GMed Torg for four years so I'm very
familiar with both the pro and cons of players influencing the meta
plot) I do however have two reservations/comments.

1)Give us more time. There was no way in hell that I could have gotten
the adventure integrated into my campaign and run in the time given for
the response. From the time that I was able to purchase the adventure to
when you wanted the responses by it was just over a month. If you're
truly interested in getting back player results give the GMs 6 months
from the time that the adventure actually hit the stores to get their
results in. Otherwise it feels to me more like a PR exercise and not a
true attempted to allow the players to influence the metaplot.

2.Doomtown is Doomtown and Deadlands is Deadlands. What I mean by that
is I personally have a real problem with events in the CCG having a
MAJOR impact in the RPG. I don't play Doomtown nor do I have an
opportunity to play in any tournament where the timeline of the CCG is
determined even if I did. If you continue to allow player results to
influence the Deadlands RPG plot line please use only RPG products to do
this so that people who only play the RPG have a chance to participate.

Thank you

Sandy Addison