Re: [DL] Thoughts on Adventures

> Either way, I wouldn't make use of the voting cards.  I don't think it's a
> meaningful form of participation.

Do you have a suggestion for one that you consider meaningful? I'm not being
sarcastic or jerky at all; I ask that in complete seriousness.

The whole point of making adventures important and taking the vote was to
get the players involved in the storyline progression. If the majority of
folks don't like it, my nefarious plan will have obvioualy failed, and I'm
going to have to find another one. :-)

> Whatever the result of the vote is, a
> sizeable number of Marshalls are going to have to either ignore it or
> retcon it.  And almost any Marshall is going to have to rework the
> adventure to suit their posse before running it anyway, so the characters
> involved aren't even going to be facing the same challenges to reach that
> result.

However, that differs in no way from the procedure now. If a Marshal doesn't
like the way something fits into his campaign, she changes it to fit. It
used to be when a big event happened, the sourcebook said "Poof--this
changed!" Now, we're putting the event out for you guys to run yourselves;
if a group's outcome differs from the majority--or if the Marshal chooses
not to run it--he still has the same options he had before.

By the way, at first I'd intended to choose events we could just write
around and "never speak of again." However, with a background as detailed as
the Weird West has become, that leaves surprisingly few options. And most of
those are one the average player could give a hoot about. :-)

Sorry--it's not like me to spend this much time on an issue, but it just
sounds like we're talking apples and oranges. If not, please feel free to
correct me; I've made more than enough mistakes and goofs in my life that
I'll admit I may be missing the point. :-)

John "Off to bed, finally..." Goff