Re: [DL] Important Events in History

>> | I'm about to start a new game and was wondering if anybody could tell
>> | me some of the more important events that take place in Deadlands 1876?
>> | I have the basic book and Quick and the Dead and want to have some
>> | information about the world to give the players as it happens in game
>> | time.  Anything that you might think is important.
>> |       Also, I was wondering what other books are worth buying? Or have
>> | important rules and information?  Thanks a lot.

Mike,

I'd certainly go with Tales o' Terror: 1877 (or, as well call it at
home, Tales of Terrier -- Teeth of Doom).  It's an excellent source and
is, next to the main rule books, indispensable and necessary!

My opinion is in assuming that you'll be working mostly with the West
(say, Kansas to California)...

I would strongly advise picking up the _City o' Gloom_ boxed set,
especially if you'll be using some of the pre written adventures (Road
to Hell series, Canyon of Doom, the Crucible, Strange Bedfellows series,
Ghostbusters).  Getting to and from Salt Lake City is just about the
most convenient setting of adventure seeds you can use in DL, in my
humble opinion, and I've tied in several adventures to SLC (Abracadabra,
and an Arab Cadaver, Night Train, The Forbidden God, Adios Amigos).

Denver is second in the list of great city settings, but a source book
hasn't been done...yet.  I can't remember, but there's a great article
online about Denver, though I've not used it yet.

If you're really interested in comparative history and mixing ours with
the DL setting, I'd suggest _The Old West Day by Day_
(ISBN0-8160-2689-0).  A big book with a lot of dates and interesting
events.  My posse is still in early 1876, so we're building up to
Custer's Last Stand yet!  This book has a lot of great information
regarding that and many other events of the day.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

D.