Re: [DL] Ironclad Colors Question

>      Ok folks I am planning on panting a very nice 25mm, resin Ironclad
> model I got last x-mass.  My question is this...What is the "normal" color
> of the metal plates on the Ironclad  Grey, Black, Iron Metallic, White....
> know for a while around the turn of the century US ocean going steamers
were
> white (if the Olympia at Philly is any indication) but that is about the
> extent of my historical knowledge on the subject. At least the decks are
> easy.  Wood planks...I'm guessing brown :)

Who makes it and do they have a website?
As for painting it, I'd go with an enamel metallic (they look better IMO
then acrylic metallics), and airbrush weathering effects (ie rust). Check
out the Model Masters Metalizer line (I'd reccomend Steel (non buff), or
maybe Burnt Iron (non buff) as a base color.

>     For those who care I just got a flier from Miniature Service Center
> which includes 25mm models of the Monitor and the C.S.S. David (A
> semi-submersible torpedo boat ...spar torpedo that is) both by Village
Green
> IIRC.  Add in the Clan Wars Water Dragon as a Maze Dragon and my GRW/HN
> Great Maze slug fest is shaping up nicely!

Glad to see I'm not the only one looking for some Great Maze Wars. :)
Check out http://members.spree.com/sip/byjingo/web/Gallery/Ships/Index.htm
for some great pics of home made 25mm scale ships and boats.
Also check out http://website.lineone.net/~model.design.craft/tzar.html for
some great resin steampunk vehicles.
Or http://zeitcom.com/majgen/60lshp.html for some pics of home made Land
Ships.