Re: [DL] Heavy Mathematical Answer to Dirk's Question - Long, too.

> If you've stuck it out this far, here's my question:
> how do you Marshalls out there account for player
> luck?  It's not always there, but when she rears her
> ugly head, the b*tch has a habit of ruining your
> perfect plan.  Do Fate chips help or hurt?

Well, Fate Chips can save the day for people who are getting seriously hosed
by their rolls.  My posse tends to turtle a bit, but the recent Diablo fight
took care of that problem!  They don't tend to spend their chips when
they're doing well, but they'll spend them on critical rolls.  For instance,
the aforementioned "Diablee" was spending chips on Dodge rolls left and
right (this is largely how Carmelita survived, actually).  Of course, they
hated spending Red Chips, but HA!  They had to anyway (one of the
PCsactually has the 7th Son Knack), and now they're both completely drained
except for the Blue Chip I gave to Carmelita for managing to survive.  So,
Fate Chips dn't tend to exacerbate hot streaks in my posse- they just help
ease the pain of cold ones :) .

Nick "now with 10% more evil!" Zachariasen