Re: [DL] Another one

At 10:37 PM 7/26/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>My posse seems to be the same as most others- they have a sort of "Who the
>Hell needs a high Mien if you're not a Blesed?" mentality.  I'm going to try
>to use more Overawe attacks against them in an effort to show them how
>useful it can be.

I LOVE Overawe.  Against players with high guts and some grit it can be
hard to pull off, but when it does, the look on their faces is priceless!
Our poor Slowpoke Monroe (played by list newcomer Daniel Gwyn) is plenty
steely, but when the villain of the piece got three raises on him in the
staredown, he was so rattled that he later tried to shoot him in the back
(and this is someone so loyal and straight-up it occasionally makes me
ill), so I knew I'd really scored then.

Bluffing they don't do too often either (the smooth, vaguely cowardly NPCs
tend to go for that more), and none of them ever ridicule (I've used it
once or twice, eventually they'll figure out that while they use different
characteristics, each can have the same eventual effect).

Of course, all of this is useless against a Mojave Rattler, mind you...