[DL] hucksters

I may rot in Hell for this, but I can keep silent no longer.

I loathe hucksters.  Don't even use 'em in my game in fact.  They, and mad
Scientists (to a lesser degree; when used gently they're less of a burden)
are, to me, pollutants in the Weird West.

Just don't like 'em at all; to me, they're tacky.  Also think the magic
system is a clunky, slow cludge on an otherwise elegant system.

I heard once that in the early drafts of Deadlands, Hucksters and MS were
not present, and only Native and Spiritual magicks were used.  Was this
truly the case?  If so, whose legs do I have to break for having
included/dreamed them up?  <KIDDING!>

Of course, this is just my opinion; you may be wrong.  <g>  I'm sure many
of you just adore the little munchki, er, fellows...  <g>

(Seriously, while I dislike them, I don't think that everyone who
likes/plays with them are munchkins, so just flame off, OK?  I'm just
yankin' some chains...)

Signing off and donning that Smith & Robards asbestos underwear now...