Re: [DL] Great Maze Battle...2001?

Part of the reson I wanted to do this Maze game was in reaction to the
fact that the only GRW games there were at Origins (last year) were
demos.  Granted, Hawk was tolerant enough to let me play with my
Ornithopter in a demo that had a fre experienced players in it, but I was
looking for something that could be an all-out game geared toward the
ones who really knew the game.  Getting new people to play is great, but
sometime, I'd like to be able to play a game and not have to stop every
30 seconds to explain what I'm doing.
Now, I'd have no problem building the terrain, but transporting it to
GenCon might be a bit of a hassle, since a Maze game would require a huge
amount of table (or floor) space, and a lot of terrain to go with it.  As
for supplying armies, I'd be lucky if I had the time to build or the
money to buy a single Maze Runner for myself, much less the whole group.
Of course, if we set someting up now for 2001, we just might have minis
for those boats available...
Basically, I'm willing to work with people to set this thing up.  i doubt
if we can do the Maze thing for this year, but with a year to do it,
something could happen.
Making sure we've got enough sober players might be another matter,
though :)

On a related note, I'd like to get a game going at GenCon with some folks
that are gonna be there.  i've got deserty ground, hills and cacti up the
wazoo (ow!), and if everyone brought a small army (only, say, 1000
points), we could set up a time and place.  I'm going to be at the Con
all day Thursday, overnight, and most of the day Friday.  The only times
I've got booked up are 11-1 Friday night and 10-12 Saturday morning
(Fairy Meat tournament and demoes).
Let me know if you're in, everyone.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:53:18 -0400 Paul Wilson
<Paul.Wilson@po-box.esu.edu> writes:
> 	Well I would be interested in helping put together such a
> game. Perhaps the best approach would be to set it up as a "Demo" where

> the folks putting the game together supply the minis/terrain and the
players
> just show up.  This would get around the problem of most folks not
being able
> to field a great maze army.  We could set up a scenario and anyone who
is
> interested could play-test the scenario.  After a couple rounds of
revisions we
> should have a cool game. Anyone else out there interested? Heck...we
have
> more than a year to put something together for GenCon 2001.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A Ranallo

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.