Re: [DL] Posse Fate Chips

--- Ross Coburn <coburn@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> How heavily do your posses go through the chips
> allocated them, and under
> what circumstances?  How much do you tend to award,
> and how much do they
> tend to convert to bounty?

We tend to run the pot fairly close to dry by the end
of a module, especially this last one.  We're a bunch
of good roleplayers, and one of us in particular can
easily have a 10-15 chip stack of whites by the end of
the session.  The reason we don't institute the ten
chip role is because we also burn through them pretty
fast.

We're a bit specific about how we spend chips, too.
Whites, in my opinion, are good for three things:
chippin damage, adding to damage, or throwing extra
dice at a roll you're not good at to avoid botching.
Reds are much more frequent than blues (there's only
been one player EVER to earn one through role-playing
in nearly 18 months of gaming, and that's yours
truly), and they are much more frequently spent on
increasing a roll than chipping damage.

Our chip-to-bounty ration is radically skewed, because
for a while there, the characters didn't usually live
to the end of the module!  This last module was our
first big exception; only one death, and his second
character was integrated into the module in progress,
and lived.  With that in mind, I have one held over
one red chip; other than that, they all go back.  I
mean, what's the point of hoarding whites?  Any good
roleplayer can earn those back pretty fast, and an
average to lucky draw will start you off with at least
one red.  I can see specific character types hoarding
more chips, though, like Mad Scientists who require
them for successful inventing, or Blessed/Shamans who
use them for their abilities.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen