Re: [DL] Re: hucksters

>> The biggest Munchkins I've encountered are people with Harrowed
> characters.
>> I was in a group with one, as a player, upon becoming undead he bought
>> Supernatural trait: Spirit 2 (3d12+2), Supernatural trait: Deftness 1
>> (4d12+2), and can't remember the name but the one that gives extra action
>> cards.  As you can see he was very much the "I Kill IT!!!" school of
>> though.
>> This guy promptly bought up S.T.:Spirit to gain total control in little
>> time, then went on to buy up the other two.  Soon this guy was Death on 2
>> legs.  This guy made the game unfun for the rest of us.  The thing is this
>> is not the only one of these that I have heard of either.
>
> This is the type of player who ends up killing his posse. Not because of
> anything he does, but because the power level of the monsters have to be
> upped so much to challenge him. I say a visit from some rampaging bulls
> might do this guy some good. Sure, some posse members might be taken out as
> well, but it would put a world of hurt on the Harrowed. At least, it should.

Well, from a player perspective, if you need to cut your munchkin Harrowed
down to size, there's nothing like having the manitou take over at just the
wrong time and committing wholesale slaughter to make the player think a
little more about what being Harrowed really means.

Dominion or no, the manitou still gets openings (feel free to spend chips or
cheat on those spirit rolls if you feel you need to wreak havoc among the
best-laid plans. Remember, that's not an opposed roll, just a TN of 5 +
whatever number of Dominion points the Harrowed already has.

And if the death of innocents by his (her?) own hand isn't enough to perturb
your death-machine (hey, it worked with me: nipped any potential munchkinism
right in the bud), then have a family member of one of the victims dog the
posse, in tears half the time and shouting imprecations the other half.
Preferably the grieving widow, or a devastated child (lay on the guilt with
a butter knife *g*). Give your Harrowed nightmares about the people he's
ripped apart, blown to hell, and so forth.

Hey, there's nothing easier than torturing a Harrowed hero. Aside from all
the Angst it causes in the walkin' carcass itself, there's the rest of the
posse that constantly has to worry about sleeping next to a walking
time-bomb. Trust me, if you play it right, they'll never let him forget that
they wouldn't trust him farther than they can spit.

Daphné "More like twenty-five cents, now, I think" Brunelle

--
 "I've really got to learn to just do the damage and get out of town. It's
the 'stay and gloat' that gets me every time."