[DL]: Alchemist question......

Delurking again....

cause I didnt go to GenCon..too danged many cheeseheads in that
area.....people from Tampa tend to not like our northern bay-loving
brethren (that means Green Bay for those of ya'll that dont know better...)

Anyway.....I had to switch character types recently, as my alchemist was
too slow to generate even a decent potion. Thinking about it...I beleive
there needs to be a revision of the research time for the Alchemist....as
he can turn gold into lead or vice versa in 1-20 yrs, whereas a Mad
Scientist can take the same research time to build anything from a time
machine to a ray gun.......

I beleive a faster research time should be implemented...it certainly
should not be a carbon copy of the Mad Scientist table...for example.....A
Full House can generate Greek Fire.....or for a Mad Scientist its an
Ornithopter/Submarine...and can take 1-6 months...for an Alchemist that is
the research time....for a Mad Scientist its the time to construct......

What Im talking about is making the research time for making potions alot
quicker....cause that doesnt include the time brewing it (which is
relatively short anyway)..As I learned....its hard enough to get the hand
necessary to make a potion...if ya goof (like I did...twice no less)...Im
spending 3 months doing research for a potion that wont even be able to be
brewed....

Its the Philosopher's Stone that makes the potion work anyway.....its what
makes all the elements work together.

Well...let me know what ya think.....maybe I can repost this later to Shane
and the rest and let them make an official ruling....

Brooklyn Red Leg (a.k.a.- David Farris)
The Red Legged Devil of the Iron Brigade
Corporal. 14th Brooklyn Militia, 1st Corps,
1st Division, Army of the Potomac