Re: [DL] Lost Edges

Horace Black wrote:

>    my question is should the character be able to find
> another animal companion (he did pay the points
> initial) or should he have to gain the edge again?
> Let me know what you guys think.

Near as I can see it, you've got two choices:

1) You can give the player back the points he spent on the edge
2) You give the player another animal companion.

Here's my reasoning: Anything points you spend on a character at
character generation is part of that character's "image".  It's
something the Player controlls, not the GM (I'm of the /opinion/ that a
character's personality and image is the Player's property, and should
only be changed by ghe GM with permission).

You can see it as a kind of signature attribute.  Like the defining scar
across the face of a badguy, or the Golden Gun.  If that attribute is
removed, the character's definition is changed.  So something needs to
happen to the points.

Here's another way to look at it: Did the animal die because the player
screwed up?  Or was it crappy dice rolls?  If the Player screwed up,
then loosing the points spent on animal companion is a kind of a
penalty.  If not, then do something else with the points.
--
                      Chris Nelson <cnelsonweb@hotmail.com>
                                             HTML Terrorist