Re: [DL] Questions on Deadlands Metaphysic (Goff) (spoilers)

At 01:20 AM 8/16/00, you wrote:
> > Ok, so Mimic would work on Martial Arts, Knacks, Sykers, and even
> > Junkers.  what about Toxic Shamans?
> >

>Quick clarify: Anything that affects hucksters affects knack-users.
>
>I'd lump Toxic Shamans in with regular Shamans in most cases. Even though
>they're dealing with questionable entities, the beings are helpful enough to
>shape the magic carefully. Of course, that's not quite my balliwick yet, so
>John H. may have a different take on it... ;-)

right.

>As to Mimic...I'd say sure for consistency's sake--but...
>
>Most Martial Arts powers require the use of fightin': martial arts; the
>Harrowed might pick-up Fury Fans the Flame, but without fightin': martial
>arts, it's not too useful.

IIRC, and if this an exception, fine, you always get the Aptitude at the
level of the user copied for purposes of getting off the power.  Do you
only get Chi, then, not F:MA?

>I'm not entirely sure a Harrowed could observe enough of a Junker's
>activities to actually gain a power in this fashion. I wouldn't say
>observing a Junker (or Mad)-made device would fill the qualifications for
>activating the power; he'd have to actually watch the Junker make it to take
>advantage of Mimic. :-)

and with only one power at a time, that can limit things.

I was thinking more Tool Tricks.

> > Forsaken would not block Martial Arts, Sykers, or even Junkers (or Toxics
> > if that is how you rule it)
> >

>Yes--except to Toxics (see above).

right

>John