Re: [DL] Harrowed - Spoilers

In a message dated 08/16/2000 8:02:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jwtolle@altavista.com writes:

> >A) Supernatural Trait:  Either it should be changed so
>  > Spirit is the only trait that it cannot affect, or
>  > that whenever it is pumped up, the manitous spirit
>  > also gets pumped.  After all, why would the manitou
>  > grant a power that harms itself?
>
>  I like this idea.  Sorta like the manatou has to be more powerful to power
> the deaders body.  So ever pip taken in Supernatural Trait (for any trait)
> bumps up the Mantou's Spirit by one pip.  Or is this too strong a
limiatation?

IFollowing your example, If a harrowed Gunslinger raised his Quickness and
nimbleness to d12+8  that would suddenly bump the manitou's spirit up 8
steps.  Assuming the manitou stated out with a d4 spirit, it would now be at
d12+4, If the manitou statrted with a d12 it would now be a d12+16.  That
seems a bit extreme.  I will grant you it plays to the horror, but at some
point it also becomes IMPOSSIBLE, through this method to maintain dominion
for very.  I would almost think this would make the Harrowed an unplayable
character after a very limited time or some really great die rolls on the
part of the player.

I would suggest only raising it if the player's spirit goes up through this
power.  In order to maintain the fact that the player needs to be worried
about the manitou keeping pace, but also keeping a playable character

Walter