Re: [DL] 2-Gun Kid (Mr. Long) was Law Dogs and Revised Edition Rules

 >Personally, I made DA pistols rare in my game. The characters have an
 >easier time getting ahold of Gatling Pistols, which are actually worse,
 >but they require two raises to hit with all three bullets and only the
 >first shot can be called. The other two hit randomly.

Actually. . . time for a shameless plug here - Knuckleduster's Old West
firearm book lists the following double actions available by 1877:

Smith and Wesson .44-40 (1875):  Has a very stiff trigger pull - should
receive a accuracy penalty.
Colt Lighnting .38 (1877):  Smooth action, but has a loading port -
cartridges are ejected one at a time through the port - and no access to
the cylinder.  Speed load rolls should receive a penalty and there is no
cylinder swapping.
Frankenau's Purse Revolver (Gun in a briefcase) (1877) - Single action the
first shot, double on the rest.  Not very reliable.
Walking Stick/Umbrella/Sabre Pistols (1867) - Pin fire weapons - The stick
and sabre are single shots, the Umbrella has four.  Reliability doesn't go
above fair.
LeFaucheaux's 20shot pinfire (1865) - Also has a stiff trigger
action.  Also it's a 9mm - probably a special order to replenish.
Starr Double-Action .44 (1860) - Percussion, stiff trigger action.
Remington New Model .36 (1863) - Percussion, stiff trigger action.

I'm sensing a pattern here.  :-)
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Charlie X:
Because it didn't want to STAY...STAY...STAY...