Re: [DL] Mark Twain in Deadlands

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:24:16 -0400 (EDT), deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

>  Hi!
>
>  Do any of the official Deadlands sourcebooks say anything about the
>  location or nature of Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) in the Deadlands
>  universe?  Historically, Twain settled in Connecticut after the war and
>  spent many years there writing some of his best works between 1873-1889.
>
>  I've got a few ideas as to what might happen to him in the Deadlands
>  universe, but am interested to see if anything's been published about him
>  yet by the official sources.  Or if anyone else has used him in any way.

How Few Remain, one of the alternate history books by harry turtledove
covers him in a bit of detail.  I know it isn't deadlands because he winds
up in san fransisco in 1881 as a newspaper editor.  In deadlands that would
make him...dead.  Most likely.  Unless by some miricle he survived the quake
and moved inland with grimme.  That's just too horrible to even contemplate.
As for his offical movements in real life I really don't know.  He might
make a fairly decent mysterious past relative or a posse NPC muckraker.  He
was famous but maybe not so much back then during the war.  I admit the idea
has sparked a few intrests of my own, I'll look into it more.

Ron Conner

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html