Re: [DL] 2-Gun Kid

on 8/30/00 7:57 AM, rs95065@weir.co.uk at rs95065@weir.co.uk wrote:

> I had thought about doing something along these lines, but figured
> that this tend to reduce the relative worth of gattling pistols
> considerably.  With Gattling pistols, by the time modifiers are
> factored in, the first roll hits and sometimes the second - a third
> hit (or so I've found in our group) is much rarer.  Also with no
> reliability rolls, I can see most of my posse simply viewing gattling
> pistols worthwhile because of their sell on value.

Well, what I am doing to differentiate Gatling pistols ('cause I agree, with
the new rules for Double-Action pistols, it kind of reduces a Gatling
pistol's appeal) is that said Gatling pistol will either only roll once for
Hit Location, or perhaps have a modifier to the Hit Location roll (still
working on that one) that would tend to land the other shots in the same
general area as the first one.  (Say, a +/-2 to the roll that is applied to
bring subsequent Hit Location rolls towards the first hit's result?  Hulk
brain hurt, but if it doesn't prove to be too complicated, that might
works...)

Ross Coburn
coburn@sympatico.ca