Re: [DL] D20 Book?

John Goff schrieb:

> A D20 book isn't a D&D book--it's just a game book that uses the same system
> as the current incarnation of D&D. A D20 Deadlands book would simply be the
> Deadlands setting with a system that would be familiar to D&D players, not a
> cross-over, per se.
>
> Does that sound a little easier to swallow? ;-)

Not really!

On the other side, the book is no bad idea. Many beginners who`s first RPG is
D&D have difficulties to accept a new rule system. In most cases it isn`t the
setting that hinders you to try a new one. I speak out of personal experience
But the D20 book should contain a light introduction to poker- cards and chips.
There`s no Deadlands without it. It would be a horror-scenario without the right
atmosphere - something all of my (A)D&D-to-Deadlands-converters had to learn.

JR