Re: [DL] Manitou Name

> I need a name for a greater Manitou. I mean, a real bad, nasty, gutwretching name that will strike fear in the hearts of both the players and the characters as it is spoken.

A greater Manitou is currently toying with the Eternal Hero in my
game.  After throwing around a number of dramatic names, I decided
that they just sounded a bit crass, so I figured that I would go for
a proper name.  I wanted something that would mean something - if not
to the player, at least give me something to base the Manitou on.
From my dim and distant memory, I dredged up, Dumas, couldn't quite
remember where the name came from but had some negative connotations
associated with it (in my mind at least)

Turned out that my player also recognized and remembered a little
more than me, but he was suitably freaked that he had heard the name
and also related it to something bad, but just couldn't remember why.
 The guy's character was freaked anyway (he had just figured
out that the Manitou had been keeping a close eye on him) so the name
meant very little - however he may research into it.

That reminds me, I need to do some as well. :)

Roy
All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses
and vandals.