Re: [DL] Pinnacle sold... (now 50% more OT)

Hello All,

OK, I hate to go against the grain, but the people at Hasbro are not the great Satan.  Please recall the dog days of TSR, and the mentality that almost ruined the patriarch of the gaming industry.

We have WOTC and Hasbro to thank for pulling TSR, and quite possibly the gaming industry as a whole, out of a tailspin that may have been fatal.

Having known several brand managers at Hasbro's marketing department, and having almost worked there myself, I can assure you that they know what they are doing.  Thier funding and expertise, coupled with WOTC well organized and very savvy marketing plan is a reason for hope for TSR and by proxy, gaming in general.

As I have argued before, in the gaming industry, a rising tide lifts all boats.  All RPG's stands to benefit from an increased profile of the hobby.  WOTC's plan was to increase that profile, and Hasbro will (if al goes well) help them realize this goal.

Later

Jeff

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html