RE: [DL] Pinnacle sold... (now WAYY off Additive)

>I dunno.....I can see WotC is already like a megacorp...life sucks...get
>another hobby (or become the gaming industry's first Shadowrunner)...but as
>for Palladium...I doubt it...KS boasted it would take a lot of dough to
>make him take on a boss other than his wife.....I see SJ Games or White
>Wolf being gobbled up by WotC if things dont go well for either company in
>the next couple of years.....

I think everyone here watched "Wall Street" or "Barbarians at the Gate" one
time too many...
It's not like there is a lot of hostile takeovers going on in the gaming
world!
It's not like Peter Adkinson wakes up one morning and says, "I think I'll
takeover Pinnacle this morning", calls a bunch of brokers and quietly starts
acquiring Pinnacle stock, until he has controlling interest (or enough
support to force a shareholders meeting to vote out the board and wrest
control...)

I know it might be hard to believe, but the toy industry is a *very* small
industry compared to just about any other industry around (electronics,
consumer goods, etc...)
For example, Proctor & Gamble sells almost as much laundry products as *all*
of Hasbro's yearly sales (~3.6B vs 4.2B), and that is only a fraction of
P&G's business...

Think about it...
TSR was going out of business...
TSR ran GenCon...
Say what you will about the game, but (A)D&D is the most popular, best
selling game around...
A company that spent a lot of time, effort, and money to keep these things
alive, can only be seen as a good thing...

Patrick