Re: [DL] About all this fuss that I started...

At 10:27 AM 9/25/2000, you wrote:

>"Ray C." schrieb:
>
> > Mr. Goff:  The main thing I don't get about why GWN kept getting bumped is
> > this...  YOU PUT OUT A MEXICAN SUPPLEMENT!!!  Now, I don't have anything
> > wrong with Mexico and Mexicans, but I'm willing to bet there are QUITE
> a few
> > more RPGers in the Dominion than there is in the Republic.  Then again,
> most
> > State-siders would probably rather go to Mexico than to Canada...  Ah
> > well...
>
>Hey Mister! Don`t know why you play Deadlands! I play Deadlands, because I
>want
>to play a Western RPG. And to be honest I know of Westerns playin` in Mexico -
>do you know any playing in Canada? And in addition, I know lots of players who
>want to play Mexicans, and probably there are more in other gaming groups.
>Enough reason for releasing a South o` the Border, besides the fact that it
>covers a lot of the origins of Indian culture...

Well, in the Western Horror Camp cycle, he probably falls a little further
from the Western part if I had to hazard a guess.

Me, my game is not very western.  There is some there, and it defiantly
comes up, some session more then others.  But I run over 50% of my stories
either near the mighty Miss or back east just so I can have a bit more of a
Victorian feel so I cannot say that Western is the top of my pyramid.

Does not mean that I see any problem with Western, or that I think they
should drop everything for a "New York: Stateside" book, just that my game
is like that.  I'd hazard a guess to say I am not the only one
however.  Seen enough requests for a Europe sourcebook for that.

>I can`t imagine what`s so unique about Canada when speaking of Wild (Weird
>West). And I personally never ever had the wish to know what`s up "North
>o` the
>Border". And believe me nobody asks me if I want to see a release about Weird
>East Europe - it would be nice, but all I want is Wild West feeling. If I want
>to play RPG in my home town I would play Castle Falkestein - Perhaps you
>should
>simply change your RPG to a Canadian-related one.

problem is, if you wanted a horror oriented Europe game with Hucksters and
other ABs, and were not going for the "High Steam Age" style, You would be
unsatisfied with Castle Falkenstien.  I like to run a Victorian Horror
game.  I like Deadlands's approach to Horror. It is easier to say "what is
going on in Europe in Deadlands" then figure out how to convert everything
to Falkenstien.

>My four Pfennigs
>

>JR

TBS